Monday, April 30, 2007

Dance, Dance, Revolution!

As my readers know, these are not instructions for some kind of funky political mutiny...it's, well, DDR. And hey, guess what? DDR is hitting the schools, in the physical education classes.

Here's the NY Times article

I wonder if it'll ever make it's way into adult gyms - my younger brother and roommate Matt has said that if my gym had a DDR machine, he would join it. I would certainly use it as well - I'd go so far as to say it's my preferred cardio activity - I don't even have to bring an Ipod (which I don't have, and don't want)!

For the record, Speed Over Beethoven, the song mentioned in the article, is from DDR Extreme. I don't know what song it's on in the home versions...I think it's also on DDR Extreme, but maybe Extreme 2.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

"In a study last year, researchers from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., found that children playing Dance Dance Revolution expended significantly more energy than children watching television and playing traditional video games."

hahaha so silly... is that not obvious?