Monday, October 23, 2006

Soccer

God I love to play soccer.

I love the feeling of not feeling anything but yourself and your body that comes, fleetingly, for an instant. I put everything my body can do into a movement, into a decision and it responds. I'm in a different mental state - the world no longer exists, there is only me. There's a confidence that comes with practice - a confidence that I can succeed. In these instants, there is no confidence, only a knowing that what I wish for will happen.

I love that feeling. I love those instants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, I didn't know people played soccer in the US

anyway, sounds pretty hot ;)

Aaron said...

Over here on the left coast soccer is fairly popular - it's popular in my family as well.

As far as being hot...I don't know an emote for *raises eyebrows*.